Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Family Tree

It's a two post kind of day - this is a short one.

Cassie had to complete a project for school over winter break, to compose her 'family tree.'  This could be as detailed as she wanted it to be, in any format that she wanted it to be, and go back as far as we could - without driving the mom's nuts.

Now, I know that I am lucky enough to have an Uncle Randy who did our genealogy back generations, but I wanted to go back as far as Cassie could remember.  So for my family history we decided to go as far back as we could based on who Cassie may have seen in my own family albums.

On Dawn's side, we were lucky enough to have Mimi's help to get us back one generation further than on my side, showing Cassie just how far back a family tree can go.

In the end, Cassie wrote our the entire thing herself, writing names in green, to fee like the free, and her name and our names in brown to be like the trunk (I supposed we should have added the twins, but it was her project...).  We found some cool leafy decorations in my scrapping supplies to spruce it up a bit.

We are VERY proud of her final project, it was turned in yesterday:

No comments: