Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome to 2014.....

It's really 2014?

2014.... I just logged into the blog to find my last post.  Yup, February, 2010.  The twins were 2.  Cassie was 4.  That seems like light years ago.

Enough has changed in my life to make me realize even more that I don't want to miss a moment.  I don't want to forget the little things.  I always want to remember those funny times, the instances when words came out wrong, when new memories were made, when a triumph happened.  But, we already are.  I have already missed 4 years of writing down random things that I know that I won't remember.  Not because I don't want to, not because they aren't important enough, but simply because there just isn't enough room in this old brain of mine.

Old brain.... yup.... that's where some of this is headed.  Not that 40 is 'old.'  (Well, that depends on what generation you talk to).  I remember the year I turned 30 - Dawn took me to New Orleans for the women's final four.  I couldn't wait to turn 30!  It was like the right of passage, I was finally an adult (kinda), I was the last one of the crew to be in my 30's, I was excited, it was awesome!  And, amazingly, 10 years has gone by rather quickly, and left me feeling, well, old(er).

I am sure that as the next couple of months unfold, I will start to post more and more about what has brought me back to the blog (its more than just remembering the little things), I don't want this first post to be 15 pages long.  But the painful events of 2013 have lead me to understand that it is time for me to look at the beauty that I have in my four walls and to build on that strength every day and use that strength to put my physical self and mental self back together again.  2014 can be great if I want it to be.

Someday I want to be able to look back and read this blog and remember all of those moments that I can't, all of those amazing times, the laughter and the tears, and feel like I am reliving it all over again.

Here is to the new beginning..... welcome to 2014.



No comments: